If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (805) 963-0606

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

The bedroom fire was caused from a match thrown into a trash can !

We all love candles but they are something we should be extra careful with them. According to NFPA (the National Fire Protection Association) only 3% of fires are caused by candles however, 36% of the 3% are candles in the bedroom. In this case it was really the match. The home owner thought the match was extinguished when she threw in the trash can. The trash can had tissue and paper (like many trash cans in bedrooms) and it caught on fire! 

The fire spread fast in this turn of the century home causing major fire, smoke and soot damage.

Fortunately no one was seriously hurt and the fire depart arrived in time to save save the main structure upstairs. The downstairs was smoke damaged only. 

SERVPRO of Santa Barbara was hired to do the complete restoration. As you can see from the before and after photos the home was fully restored. The customer opted to go with hardwood flooring that was under the carpet.